United Way of Delaware County: Event Calendar
Mark your calendar for these upcoming United Way of Delaware County events. To see what events are coming up at Strengthening Families, click here.
Enjoy this celebration of agriculture and music on the farm hosted by the Delaware & Union County Farm Bureau organizations. All net proceeds will benefit partners of the Delaware County Hunger Alliance and Union County hunger relief agencies. Your ticket includes a special performance by the Central Ohio Symphony and the Hayes Singers plus dinner catered by City Barbeque and cash bar featuring Ohio Craft Beer & Wine!Click for more information
Middle School D&D Adventurers League
The core of D&D is storytelling. You and your friends tell a story together, guiding your heroes through quests for treasure, battles with deadly foes, daring rescues, courtly intrigue, and much more.
In Dungeons & Dragons, each player creates an adventurer (also called a character) and teams up with other adventurers (played by friends). Working together, the group might explore a dark dungeon, a ruined city, a haunted castle, a lost temple deep in a jungle, or a lava-filled cavern beneath a mysterious mountain. The adventures can solve puzzles, talk with other characters, battle fantastic monsters, and discover fabulous magic items and other treasure.
Gain experience and power as you trek across uncharted lands with your companions. The world needs heroes. Will you answer the call?
EVERY TUESDAY September 4 through October 30 from 5:00pm - 7:15pm
- No previous game experience required – start your roleplaying adventure here. We will have two separate games (split by age and D&D game experience) on at the same time so newbies and veterans can play!
- Free for kids going in the 6th through 8th grade students.
- Run by Strengthening Families volunteers.
- Game supplies and weekly dinners (pizza or subs) provided. - email Brande Urban at email@example.com if your child has any dietary needs.
- Sign up on the click here for more information below.
- Register soon! This game is limited to 7 players/per game for every adventure series!
The tools of yoga and mindfulness offer both a way to handle these challenges in the moment, and a way to increase your teen’s resilience and ability to self regulate in the future.
Yoga Benefits for Teens: Introduces a healthy lifestyle option that can be done throughout their life * Reduces risk of injury in sports * Enhances performance in their regularly scheduled activities such as sports or dance * Enhances self-worth * Encourages a healthy body image * Cultivates gratitude * Improves posture, flexibility, strength and balance * Encourages presence in day-to-day life * Helps relieve stress * Helps manage hyperactivity * And so much more!
If you have a yoga mat, bring it! Otherwise we will have yoga mats available.Click for more information
This training will empower early childhood education professionals to:
- Recognize risk factors and indicators related to human trafficking and
- Identify potential human trafficking victims and report as legally required.
It will also provide a foundation to:
- Share knowledge with colleagues, parents, and community members, and
- Engage in local prevention efforts.
Dinner will be provided. Please email Brande Urban at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special dietary needs.Click for more information