Women's Leadership Network
Through our leadership, passion and investments, we intentionally light the way to empower Delaware County individuals and families to succeed.
- Steering Committee/Advisory Members
- Our WLN Priorities - Changing The Odds
- Ways to Engage with WLN
THANK YOU TO OUR ADVOCATES:
In February 2012 the United Way of Delaware County officially launched the Women's Leadership Network (WLN) with the guidance from 10 Delaware County women. Since that time, WLN, with over 500 advocates, has accumulatively invested over $1,000,000 in community programs that empower individuals and families to succeed. The Women's Leadership Network is one of the largest funders of social change in Delaware County. 100% of financial gifts flow directly to organizations we support.
The WLN has aligned with United Way of Delaware County to “Change the Odds” for individuals and families in our community. Our priorities include investing time and financial gifts to:
- TURNING POINT (Domestic Violence Shelter, Advocacy and Education)
WLN committed over $450,000 to the Turning Point Capital Campaign through FY19 and is dedicated to long-term involvement in this work.
- STRENGTHENING FAMILIES (A United Way initiative serving individual and families through the partnership with 40+ community partners).
WLN will provide volunteers and financial support to ensure increased reach and comprehensive services throughout the county.
- SUPPLIES FOR SCHOLARS (Founded by WLN in 2013, this annual back to school event serves nearly 2500 Delaware County children by providing the tools and resources that prepare kids for learning and success).
WLN is the lead sponsor for one large event in Delaware and several community distributions in every school district throughout Delaware County. WLN funding supports the purchase of back to school supplies, backpacks and other necessary items to ensure a successful event.
- Changing the Odds Scholarship (The WLN Scholarship Committee reviews scholarship applications in conjunction with the Delaware Area Career Center at various times throughout the year. The scholarship program is designed to support student's career goals by assisting with financial barriers and/or needed items to pursue their education).
- Contribute a minimum gift of $25 or more annually to WLN. Giving year is April 1st-March 31st each year.
- Receive monthly updates via eblast and social media
Select Women's Leadership Network from the United Way initiative dropdown below.