United Way of Delaware County: Careers
United Way of Delaware County brings people together from all across the community including government, business, faith groups, nonprofits, the labor movement, and committed citizens, to ask questions, brainstorm solutions and develop a common vision to solve our community’s most pressing problems. United Way of Delaware County values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Principles of Inclusion:
- Values, champions, and embraces inclusion in all aspects of UWDC activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Refuses to engage in or tolerate in any other form of discrimination or harassment.
Title: UWDC Community NavigatorJob Description:
This temporary position is a member of a community navigation team focused on housing and utility assistance in Delaware County as part of a Federal grant. Services include client intake and assessment, case management, referral and linkage to community resources, data collection and reporting. Please download PDF of job posting below for full description.Job Requirements:
- Must have current knowledge of housing and rental assistance programs, or enthusiastic interest in learning.
- Hard working and self-driven.
- Political savvy, interpersonal, leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks individually and work as a team member.
- Experience working within a small team environment - leveraging shared resources to generate greater impact, being flexible and serving as a team player.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, organizational, and time management skills a must.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit as soon as possible.
Title: Strengthening Families CoordinatorJob Description:
The Strengthening Families Coordinator, a full-time position with competitive salary/benefit package, will support the ongoing programming of the Strengthening Families Initiative through volunteer management and program coordination. Using Microsoft Office suite and volunteer coordination software, Volgistics, the Strengthening Families Coordinator will manage volunteer programming, assist in afterschool & community engagement programming, along with SF ongoing maintenance/needs. Due to the fluid nature of both the programs and the position, other duties and tasks may be assigned as necessary.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Volunteer Management: Recruit and retain SF volunteers throughout the year. Facilitate trainings. Maintain volunteer job descriptions, interviews, placement, attendance and volunteer data management, communication systems and recognition systems.
- Afterschool and Community Engagement Program Maintenance: Oversee middle school student room drop-in programming, develop rapport with students, parents, and school staff, organize other middle school programming i.e., manage calendar of clubs, provide parent/guardian communication, meet with club advisors quarterly, etc.
- Other Program & Large Project Support: Prepare project materials, assist with agency program coordination and other programming project tasks as requested. Assist with maintenance of everyday SF needs.
Acts and Thinks Strategically
Is guided in all work by UWDC’s mission, vision, and strategic goals. Ensures that UWDC’s plan of work and allocation of resources are aligned and deployed with UWDC’s strategic direction. Provides leadership to achieve high quality, sustained results that create a consistently high performing organization.
Engages with Youth
Enables youth to thrive and flourish and prepares them for a healthy, happy, and safe adulthood. Strengthening Families involves youth as active agents. Youth are valued and encouraged to participate in design, delivery, and evaluation of the services.
Communicates in an open, candid and consistent manner; delivers information effectively in a variety of settings including one-on-one, team settings, and diverse group presentations or meetings. Delivers information effectively in a variety of formats including letters, memos, analytical reports, and presentations.
Exhibits the ability to take the initiative or risk required to identify problems, generate, as well as evaluate alternatives to overcome them, and reach a decision on the most effective strategy for a given solution. Prioritize tasks and communicate progress, problems and needs for additional support to the Programming Staff.
Works well independently and ad a team player. Values diversity, equity, and inclusion as these principles are vital to achieving the UWDC mission and advancing the common good. Pro-actively takes initiative and is highly organized, detail-oriented, and creative.
Fosters radical hospitality by providing excellent customer service to participants, volunteers, and agency staff members, as well as connects clients holistically with dignity. Has passion for making sure the community is taken care of.
Education: Associates Degree or higher and/or relevant experience with youth & youth development.
Hours: Currently a typical week includes 9:30am – 6pm Tuesday through Thursdays with additional regular 9-5 hours on Monday, Friday and/or sporadic events outside of these hours, as well. Hours and days are subject to change according to public health requirements and/or programming needs.
Job Location: Position is based in the Willis Education Center requires the employee to work at the United Way of Delaware County Strengthening Families office, 74 W. William Street, Delaware, OH 43015.To Apply:
Please submit a resume/CV: email@example.com. Please place “Strengthening Families Coordinator” in the subject line of the email when applying.