United Way of Delaware County Ohio works with 23 agencies, and touches the lives of one in three Delaware County residents. The programs we support help improve education, financial stability and health in our community.
Your dollars go to work in agencies carefully chosen for their ability to meet desired outcomes that match our community's greatest needs.
- American Red Cross, Delaware County Chapter - $12,457: Disaster preparedness and response.
- Andrews House - $4,000: Summer lunch program for youth and adults
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Association of Central Ohio - $72,290: Youth mentoring.
- Common Ground Free Store - $42,094: Meals, clothing, and household items to families in Delaware County.
- Delaware City Schools - $4,000: Woodward Family Resource Center backpack food program
- Delaware City Schools Family Resource Center - $78,473: Improve student academic outcomes through a family resource center.
- Delaware Speech & Hearing Center - $95,196: Speech, language pathology services for all ages.
- Family Promise of Delaware County - $69,658: Emergency, short-term housing for homeless families and job skills/readiness programming and support.
- Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland - $31,874: Delaware County Girl Leadership Programming
- Grace Clinic of Delaware County - $125,579: Affordable and accessible healthcare to both unemployed and underemployed without health insurance.
- Heart of Ohio Homeless Shelter - $30,399: Safe shelter, basic necessities, and opportunity to regain self-sufficiency for homeless individuals and families.
- HelpLine of Delaware & Morrow Counties - $126,362: Information and referral services and volunteer coordination.
- HelpLine of Delaware & Morrow Counties - $10,000: Removal of barriers to accessing food pantries and congregate dinning sites
- Liberty Community Center - $171,273.00: Early childhood education plan, for Delaware's most at-risk children.
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio - $126,671 : Balanced meals to Delaware County families facing food insecurity.
- Maryhaven - $62,901: Substance abuse counseling and treatment.
- Ohio Wesleyan University, Department of Health and Human Kinetics - $15,360: Teaches individuals & families skills to cook healthy on a budget
- People In Need - $70,000: Food pantry
- Salvation Army - $127,750: Homeless prevention and supportive housing
- Salvation Army - $25,000: Food Pantry
- Salvation Army - $75,000: Crisis response to victims of human trafficking.
- SourcePoint - $120,157: Meals delivered to homebound residents under age 60.
- Turning Point - $134,970: Assistance, shelter and advocacy for victims of domestic violence.
- William Street United Methodist Church - $6,000: School-year backpack food program
Requests for proposals are by invitation only and unsolicited grant proposals are not accepted. The United Way of Delaware County allocations process lends itself to support our current and future collective impact strategies.