Delaware County Hunger Alliance Update
In response to COVID-19 and the impact it has had on schools, businesses and community partners, the United Way of Delaware County and the Delaware County Hunger Alliance partners remain committed to aligning with one another and our community to serve our neighbors in need during this difficult time. With that said, we have the following plans in place beginning Monday, March 16 until further notice.
- Offering Mobile Markets, providing April meals in the Andrews House drive-thru carryout system, Legal Advice over the phone (no live clinics), and delivering emergency care packages. Please call Andrews House for additional information.
Big Walnut Schools
- Click HERE for resources during school closure
Buckeye Valley Food Pantry
- Please call for open hours
- Click HERE for information about food resources for Buckeye Valley students
Common Ground Free Store
- Click HERE for information related to re-opening procedures
Family Resource Center/Pacer Pantry/Diaper Bank
- Call ahead appointments only
- Food donations and toilet paper can be dropped off Monday-Friday from 10-2pm at the Willis Education Center (74 W. William Street, Delaware)
- Click HERE for a list of food distribution sites
- Monday 6-8 pm prepacked boxes
- Click HERE for latest information
Glass Rooster Cannery
- Offering meals to go for a donation on Tuesdays and Fridays, pick-up 2:00 - 5:00 PM
- Click HERE for latest information
Grace Free Medical Clinic
- Continuing to provide medical care with minimal interruption for those in need – to keep them healthy, provide necessary medications and avoid unnecessary ER visits
Delaware County Jobs and Family Services
Lutheran Social Services, Delaware Pantry
- Willis Education Center Pantry distribution will maintain normal hours on Tuesdays 4-6 pm and Wednesdays Noon-2 pm
- All orders will be pre-packed
- The pantry will occur outside of the Willis Education Center, no guests or staff permitted inside
Ohio Wesleyan Cooking Matters
- All classes cancelled until further notice
Olentangy Local Schools
- Click HERE for food service information
People in Need, Inc.
- Closed March 16th to transition to pre-packed meal boxes
- Open 9 am, March 17th for regular hours, all pre-packed meal boxes will be brought to customers outside
- Click HERE for additional information and reduced hours starting March 23
Salvation Army, Delaware Food Pantry
- For pantry, only drive-up will be offered. Clients to stay in their vehicles and they will bring the pre-packaged food out to them (for both the monthly box which includes meat and non-perishables, as well as for the weekly bread and produce bags)
- Closing at 3pm each day from 3/24/20 to 4/6/20 to clean and sanitize facility
- Will continue Meals on Wheels program for seniors 55 years old and older
- Click HERE to view the latest information
The United Way offices at the Willis Education Center are closed until further notice. Staff will be working remotely. The best way to contact a United Way staff member will be through email and/or by phone at 740-417-4733. Leave a message and a staff member will contact you. The United Way of Delaware County Gemini office can be reached at 614-436-8929 or by email.
Resources and Donation Information:
- For additional information regarding the Delaware County Hunger Alliance, visit DelawareCountyHunger.org.
- To financially support the Delaware County Hunger Alliance or Strengthening Families Initiative, please visit LiveUnitedDelawareCounty.org/GIVE to make a financial donation.
- Please contact Helpline at 2-1-1 for information and resources or to inquire about potential volunteer opportunities.
- Please contact the Ohio Department of Health at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or visit their website at Coronavirus.ohio.gov for information regarding the coronavirus.
We appreciate your patience as we work through many details and ever-changing circumstances. We remain committed to keep our partners informed as needed.
President, United Way of Delaware County